Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Woman of the Week - Rachel Maddow

Rachel Maddow is a television host, political commentator, and author. Every week night, she hosts The Rachel Maddow Show on MSNBC. She was the first anchor on a prime-time news show in the United States to be openly gay. Maddow lives in Manhattan with her partner, artist Susan Mikula.

I saw Rachel Maddow on The Colbert Report last week, and I was very impressed with her wit. I'm definitely going to start watching her show. Earlier this year, Maddow released her book, "Drift: The Unmooring of American Military Power."  In her book, she talks about how, "we've drifted away from America's original ideals and become a nation weirdly at peace with perpetual war." I'm definitely putting her book on my reading list!

PS - I bought my new laptop last week. I chose the least expensive one. Savings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment