Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Woman of the Week - Betty White

I chose Betty White as the Woman of the Week because she has made such an amazing comeback in her career. She has been in the entertainment business since 1939. That's 73 years! White is most well known for her role as Rose on the Golden Girls. Her career has recently resurged, and she has guest starred on numerous television shows and movies. She also has her very own show called "Betty White's Off Their Rockers." It's a show featuring senior citizens pranking people from younger generations. I love the premise, and I'll definitely be tuning in to her new show.

Betty White has won seven Emmy awards, and she was the first woman to receive an Emmy for game show hosting. She was also the oldest person to host Saturday Night Live. White just turned 90 in January, and I think it's fantastic that she is still acting. I'm so impressed by people who continue their careers during their "retirement years." I hope I love my career enough to want to continue into my golden years. People say that life is short so you should follow your dreams. I disagree. Life is long!!! So you shouldn't spend your long life working at a job that makes you miserable. The average retirement age is 64, and people usually start working around age 16. I think 48 years is way too long to be working at a job that makes you unhappy. Find a job that you love, and make every day count (because life is long!).

No comments:

Post a Comment