Monday, April 30, 2012

April Donation - National Organization for Women

For my April donation, I gave $150 to the National Organization for Women (NOW). I chose NOW as my April donation because they have been working for women's equality since 1966, and they are the largest organization of feminist activists in the United States. I have actually been trying to volunteer for NOW for a long time, but their online volunteer form hasn't been working for awhile. I always get an internal server error when I try to volunteer. Oh well, I'll just have to keep trying.

Even though I can't figure out how to volunteer, I thought it would be nice to make a donation to NOW. They are having their National Conference in Baltimore from June 29th - July 1st. I'm going to try to make it. Eve Ensler is the Keynote Speaker, and I would love to see her! I have enjoyed attending feminist conferences because it’s just delightful to be surrounded by strong women. I hope to make it to the conference, but if I can't make it, I'm glad I have been able to make a contribution to NOW. Maybe one day I'll figure out how to volunteer. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment