Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Woman of the Week - Sarah Colonna

Sarah Colonna's memoir "Life as I Blow It" is frickin' hilarious. I'm about halfway through the book, and I can't put it down. Colonna is a writer and a roundtable regular on the "Chelsea Lately" show. I have always enjoyed watching Colonna on the roundtable, so I decided to download her book. It's about her life growing up in Arkansas. She talks about her parents going through a divorce and how it changed her life for the better because she was able to have two lives. I like that she's so positive and she can turn anything into a joke. Even if you don't watch "Chelsea Lately," I highly recommend reading "Life as I Blow It."

In her book, Sarah Colonna talks about learning at a young age that having your own money gives you independence and freedom. I completely agree. I was talking to a friend the other day about finances, and she was surprised that my husband and I have separate bank accounts. I can't imagine only having one account. I need to have my own money. I don't want an allowance, and I don't want to ask permission if I want an expensive haircut or a new pair of boots. Of course, every couple is different, but I'm grateful that I have my own career and my own money!!

No comments:

Post a Comment