Saturday, February 4, 2012

Planned Parenthood

Well, well, well, well, well. It looks like the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation decided to reverse their decision to deny further grants to Planned Parenthood. It was a smart move after a very, very, very stupid decision. I was thrilled with all the support that Planned Parenthood received after Komen's decision to cut off their funding. Over $650,000 was donated to Planned Parenthood in 24 hours after Komen announced that they were discontinuing their funding. The $650,000 is nearly enough to replace what Komen gave Planned Parenthood last year. That's awesome! I was so glad to hear about all the support Planned Parenthood received and to know that people are willing to stand up for women's rights even if it's not politically popular at the moment. I think I'll be making my February donation to Planned Parenthood. In your face Susan G. Komen Foundation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment